|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country (1994)|
|Latest appearance||Donkey Konga 3 (2005)|
|Alias(es)||Winky the Frog|
|Portrayed by||Chris Sutherland (1994)|
Winky is a green frog with red spots.
In Donkey Kong Coutry, Winky is first encountered with DK and Diddy in the Banana Hoard quest that was stolen by the Kremling Krew. In addition to reaching higher items, he can even hit hard enemies as Krusha, the coconuts spit by the Neckies and Zingers. He can be defeated from behind and by the millstones.
Donkey Kong Country
- SNES instruction booklet (page 25): "You wouldn't know it by looking at him, but Winky is one of the most powerful animals. He can jump higher than any of them, and with his strong legs, he can jump attack some enemies that even Donkey can't touch. Winky is fond of damp, dark places, but he is known to turn up almost anywhere!"
- SNES Nintendo Player's Guide (page 11): "Like Squawks, Winky keeps mainly to the damp surroundings of caves. Winky's biggest asvantage is his jumping power. He can sky! Not only that, but he can land on top of Zingers and won't take a hit. He takes them out!"
- GBA Prima Official Game Guide (page 12): "Winky is quite difficult to control, especially when landind on narrow objects, but he can leap higher than a Kong on a tire. He also can dish out judgment to any wayward Zingers in the neighborhood as long as he lands on them. Learn how he bounces before taking him on precise maneuvers!"
- This section is a stub. You can help DKpedia by .
- According to brothers Gregg Mayles and Steve Mayles, the reason the Animal Friend was not a playable character in future games is because of the two designers' dislike of him.