- This article is about species. For small version, see Mini-Necky.
|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country (1994)|
|Latest appearance||DK: Jungle Climber (2007)|
Necky is the most adaptable fauna on some islands in the DK Isles and many of them are found further on Kong Island. They make their first appearance in Donkey Kong Country. Most Neckies of all sizes are often seen spitting Coconuts to attack their enemies and soaring in skies & underground sceneries (which is unusual for any bird). The most small type of Necky is Mini-Necky, which have sometimes been named Neckies themselves.
All Neckies have bare pale pink skin, a yellow beak with a red tip, white collars, and oversized nails. They have different feather colors as: brown, black, gray & blue.
In Donkey Kong Country, most Neckies are used by the Kremling Krew to disrupt the Kong Family's journey. The Neckies stand still to throw coconuts on all sides and others fly overhead. But they are easily defeated by any attack.
In Donkey Kong 64, a Necky appears in one of the Angry Aztec's temples holding a Golden Banana and needed to be hit by Lanky Kong. Each time it is hit, it shrinks until it is defeated.
In Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, Neckies appear on Mt. Dynamite, Cranky's Temple, and Temple Heights as harzards.
Donkey Kong Country
- “Watch out for this high-flying foe!”
- —Donkey Kong Country SNES instruction booklet, page 29
- “Necky's favorite trick is to camp out up high and rain down nuts on Donkey Kong and Diddy as they walk or ride by. They position themselves strategically, too. There is usually something valuable just underneath them like a Golden Letter or a big bunch of bananas. When Necky starts flinging nuts out in multiple directions is when it starts to get tricky. Take Necky out with a barrel if you can.”
- —Donkey Kong Country SNES Player's Guide, page 14
- “Neckys are wear, but they can be tricky. Some Neckys soar though levels, while others fly in place. Perched Necky sit above plataforms and toss stones at Donkey and Diddy when they approach. Use Neckys to your advantage-jump on them to reach higher spots.”
- —Donkey Kong Country GBA Player's Guide, page 15
Donkey Kong Country
- Jungle Hijinxs (throw coconut)
- Winky's Walkway (flying)
- Millstone Mayhem (throw coconut)
- Vulture Culture (flying and throw coconut)
- Tree Top Town (flying)
- Forest Frenzy (flying)
- Temple Tempest (flying)
- Snow Barrel Blast (flying)
- Slipslide Ride (flying)
- Ice Age Alley (flying)
- Trick Track Trek (throw coconut and flying)
- Mine Cart Madness (flying)
- Tanked Up Trouble (flying)
- Necky Nutmare (throw coconut and flying) (GBC only)
- Loopy Lights (throw coconut)
- Platform Perils (flying)
Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kong 64
- This section is a stub. You can help DKpedia by expanding it.
- ^ Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest Player's Guide, Nintendo, 1995, p. 15
- ^ Donkey Kong Country Player's Guide, Nintendo, 1994, p. 13 - "THE BADDIES: All baddies on the island are under King K. Rool's control. It was the Kremlings that stole Donkey Kong's banana hoard, but it's the combined efforts of baddies that are trying to stave off Donkey Kong's attempt to recover the bananas."
- ^ Donkey Kong Country (GBA) Player's Guide, Nintendo, 2003, p. 15 - "AIR SUPPORT: King K. Rool has sert out some flying foes to meddle in your plans."