List of Funky Kong quotes
From DKpedia, the Donkey Kong wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
These are the quotes said by Funky Kong in his various appearances.
Donkey Kong Country
- "Whoa, dudes! My name's Funky Kong! My bodacious jumbo barrel will take you anywhere on the island! Unfortunately, it could only take you to places you've already been to, which is a complete and total bummer, lemme tell you!" (first meeting)
- "Yo Gorillas! Go see old man Cranky, he can help ya out!"
- "You dudes need lives or something? Jungle Hijinxs is the place for that!"
- "If you guys see Candy on your way out, tell her I'll give her surfing lessons anytime!"
- "Yeah, crucial Kongs! If you feel the need for speed, jump in and like, jet!"
- "Lookin' good, Kongs! Buckle up and blast off, you're outta here!"
Enter in his fishing
- "Hi. I'm Funky Kong! See my rad barrels. They're way cool. The Jumbo Barrel can get you around this island in no time. But it only travels to places you have already visited. The other barrel, the one with the hook, will take you to my most excellent fishing pools. To choose a barrel, just move underneath it and press the . To exit my hut, just press → on the " (first meeting)
Leaving in his fishing
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
- "Whoa! Dude, come in and join me. The waves are excellent."
- "Wait 'til tomorrow, and we will all go."
- "Lookin' good, dudes! I'm Funky the main monkey, and my new Funky's Flights can take you anywhere on Crocodile Isle, provided you've already checked it out of course!"
- "Cruise on over to the barrel man, and ride the skies!" (SNES version)
- "Unfortunately, I'm overrun with business at the moment, so I'm far too busy to help you guys out. Don't worry, though. I'm sure we can come to some arrangement. I know! I will lend you one of my copters, but only if you can prove you can fly it. Cruise on over and jump in the barrel, man. Go ride the skies!" (GBA version)
Entering in his flights
- "Jump in my jet n' jive, Clive!"
- "Everything is cool guys. You're lookin' ready to ride and catch some clouds!"
- "Drop in on the other Kongs, dudes. We're all here to help you guys!"
- "All flights cleared, dudes. Choose and cruise!"
- "Way cool! Pick a flight and you're outta sight!"
- "Wicked! She's all tuned up and ready to go!"
- "Awesome playing, Kongs! Go get that K. Rool. He just ain't cool!"
- "Pick it and kick it, Kongs! You're A-Okay!"
No enough coins
- "Uncool! That's costly cruisin' and you ain't in the picture guys!"
- "Tough break, Kongs. She's too cool for you pocket!"
- "What a bummer, eh? Try to find a few more tokens, y'know!"
- "Sorry, dudes. That one costs more to run than you've got!"
- "Not enough, man! I got a new surfboard to pay for!"
- "Aw no! Looks like you're gonna need to score some more to tour!"
- "Right, dudes, listen up. This is how you fly. Use the to steer the Gyrocopter. Pressing the will fire the main gun. Have you got all that? This is a piece of cake. All you have to do is take off and fly through twenty rings. You can pass through each ring in any direction. Slowly land at the helipad to complete the mission. You have five minutes of fuel. Good luck!" (Aerial Loop)
Leaving in his flights
- "Take it easy, Kongs!"
- "Catch y' later, dudes!"
- "Check me out again, huh?"
- "Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"
- "Stay loose, guys!"
- "I fly 24 hours y'know!"
- "Call again, good buddies!"
- "Cool! She's all yours dudes. Catch y'later!" (after paying)
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Entering in his rentals
- "Yo, Dixie, what's happening? I've set up my smokin' new boat shop on this island. But that's not all... ...I've aso brought your excellent cousin Kiddy Kong along for the ride! He may be a toddler, but if you let him throw you upwards, you'll almost reach the stars! Oh year! And if you throw him, his humongous body can smash through the floor of some areas! Trust me!" (first meeting)
Leaving in his rentals
- "Catch you later, Dixie/Kiddy/Kongs"
- "Whoa! Bogus docking, Kongs! Get my crate back in here before that clumsy Bazaar parks it on the rocks!" (when his vehicle is not on his rentals)