List of Donkey Kong profiles and statistics
- Not to be confused with List of Cranky Kong profiles and statistics.
This is a list of profiles and statistics for Donkey Kong.
- Instruction booklet (page 12)
"The king of swing, the thrilla gorilla, the prime primate; it's Donkey Kong! But this is not your father's Donkey Kong! Although he is a relative of the classic arcade character, Country's Donkey Kong is a totally new character, with a new look, new moves, and a new attitude."
- Nintendo Player's Guide (page 7)
"He’s the big guy. The dude with the massive muscle. DK has to boogie through the jungle and other areas to try to recover his massive stockpile of bananas that the evil Kremlings have stolen!"
"The king of swing... The thrilla gorilla... The prime primate... It's Donkey Kong!"
- Nintendo Player's Guide (Game Boy Advance) (page 6)
"Donkey Kong is Kong Island’s main man . . . or ape. Donkey Kong is teaching Diddy how to be a hero and assigns the chimp his first test—guarding Donkey Kong’s prized banana hoard. When Diddy and the bananas go missing, it’s Donkey Kong to the rescue! Donkey Kong is bigger and slower than Diddy, but he’s also stronger—he can toss barrels farther and defeat the toughest enemies.
- Prima Games guide (Game Boy Advance) (page 12)
"The thrilla gorilla is back! Donkey's massive frame allows him to tear through opponents with greater ease than his shrimpy cousin Diddy; use Donkey to take on bigger foes. He also can leap higher than Diddy, meaning he can reach upper objects. However, he carries barrels above his head, making it difficult to negotiate areas with enemies if you need to keep your barrel intact. Finally, he can pound the ground with a Ground Slap to exhume hidden items."
- Page 14: "The King of Swing, the Prime Primate: it’s Donkey Kong! But this is not the Donkey Kong who kidnaps helpless females and carries them to the tops of tall buildings! It would take more than an Italian plumber to bring this ape down. As it turns out Donkey is the grandson of the original Donkey Kong and is, quite frankly, a great disappointment to his old grandpappy. Still, he doesn’t really care what the old guy says about him (most of the time he doesn’t even listen). Donkey knows that as long as he’s got a cave full of bananas and no Kremlings in the neighbourhood he’s got nothing to worry about. However, in a sticky situation, The Big Guy is the best ally you could wish for; stong, tough, and fearless. His biggest problem is that he tends to rush into situations without thinking things through. This ends up getting him into all kinds of trouble!"
- DK Rap segment
He's the leader of the bunch, you know him well
He's finally back to kick some tail
His Coconut Gun can fire in spurts
If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt
He's bigger, faster, and stronger too
He's the first member of the DK crew!
- Instruction booklet (page 7)
"'bout time that lazy good-for-nothing went adventuring again. He’s the leader of this mangy bunch and tells me that he has learned a whole new bunch of “mean, reptile-stomping” moves. I doubt whether they will be any better than his old ones, but we shall see, shan’t we?" - Cranky Kong
- Nintendo Player's Guide (page 5)
"He’s the only ape who still cares enough to wear a tie. DK may not be the most powerful Kong—or the quickest—but he applies a strong blue-collar work ethic to the business of Kremling crushing. That may be why he’s the leader of the Kong clan."
- Nintendo Player's Guide (page 118)
"DK may have his name on the game and top billing, but he's not guaranteed a win in the Kong Wars. His forward roll move can be an effective attack from a fairly long range. On the downside, DK is a large target for apes who stick to their guns."
- Prima Official Game Guide (page 7)
"Donkey Kong, leader of the pack, has foiled K. Rool's plans on several occasions, making him number one on that dastardly lizard's hit list. In this latest adventure, you'll start out playing as Donkey Kong, but you won't be alone for long.
Donkey Kong is a heavy-hitter, but his abilities are well-rounded. He's a bruiser who can take the Kremlings to the cleaners."
- Nintendo Power Volume 141 (page 70)
"The leader of the Kong family is a Kremling-crushing master. Among the moves that Donkey Kong clan learn from Cranky Kong's concoctions are the Baboon Blast, a move that fires the ape from DK Pads to a Barrel Blast Challenge, and the Strong Kong, a move that makes Donkey Kong invincible for a short period."
- BradyGAMES guide (page 5)
"While not the fastest or strongest of the Kongs, DK is a nice blend of the two. The Gorilla Grab move, which is used to pull levers, activates some fun hidden extras in the game."
- VERSUS BOOKS guide (page 2)
"As one of Nintendo’s very first recognizable characters, Donkey Kong’s been around. While he might have been a bit evil in his first appearance (Donkey Kong), kidnapping a young Mario’s girlfriend and all, he’s apparently seen the error in his ways since then... After making a cameo in a few more arcade games, Donkey Kong shot back into the spotlight as the star of his very own platform title, Donkey Kong Country for the SNES and has since appeared in two more DKCs and Super Smash Brothers for the Nintendo 64. In DK64 Donkey could be considered the most well-rounded of the bunch: Strong, a bit slow, but stable and easy to control... Plus, he’s got a nice tie."
- Instruction booklet (page 21)
- North America: "DK clambers his way up level after level to win back the medals stolen by King K. Rool. In the Jungle Jam, his all-round athletic talents are sure to put him among the front-runners."
- Europe: "The superstar of the Kong family needs no introduction. Donkey Kong clambers his way up level after level to win back the medals stolen by King K. Rool. In the Jungle Jam, his all-around athletic talents are sure to put him among the frontrunners."
- Jungle Jam stats
- Jump: 3
- Attack: 3
- Unlock method: Available by default
- Rival: Kritter
- Boost: 3/5
- Speed: 3/5
- Agility: 3/5
- Unlock method: Win all 32 Candy's Challenges
- Rival: None
- Boost: 5/5
- Speed: 5/5
- Agility: 5/5
- Website bio: "The ground-pounding, banana-hoarding, rail-riding hero of Donkey Kong Island! With Diddy Kong by his side, nothing gets between this big barrel-buster and his bananas."
- Digital manual] bio
"This king of the jungle loves bananas. His mighty power is second to none, and time and again he must use it to protect Donkey Kong Island."
- UK website bio
"The leader of the bunch, this headstrong Kong’s strength is his trademark. Whether blasting through enemies with a Barrel Roll or shaking things up with a Ground Pound, Donkey Kong’s definitely got the power!"
- Prima Games guide (page 10)
"The alpha male in the animal kingdom is none other than Donkey Kong himself. This giant brute is stronger than most any opponent you come across and will not waver in the presence of any enemy. While he may not be an intellectual heavyweight, this primate is strong, loyal, and loves bananas more than anyone you have ever met. His controls are a bit sluggish, but his power is unparalleled. Just Ground Pound and hop on top of just about anyone’s head to create the most pleasant concussion."
Mario Kart series
- Speed: **
- Weight: ****
- Bio: "Adventurer, rapper and master driver. Is there anything Donkey Kong can't do? DK is heavy enough to avoid being pushed around, but he still has decent speed."
- Partner: Diddy Kong
- Class: Heavy
- Personal Kart: DK Jumbo
- Special Item: Giant Banana
- Website Bio: "How fast is Donkey Kong? Just look at the size of his feet! When he stomps on the gas with his big, hairy ape-foot, it's go-go-go time!"
- Manual Bio: "Straight from the jungle, DK uses his simian strength to scare rivals."
- Site Stats
- Acceleration: *
- Top Speed: ***
- Off-Road: *
- / Manual: "DK overwhelms opponents with his jungle instincts. He drifts through corners like a madman ... or a mad-ape!"
- "When he's not making jungle music with his bongos, Donkey Kong likes nothing better than a day at the races. His speed and drift ability are his best features but DK's weight is what lets him down. But have you ever tried asking an ape to diet?"
- Size: Large
- Actual Bonuses
- Weight: +3
- Acceleration: +2
- Handling: +2
- Mini-Turbo: +3
- Website Stats:
- Website bios
- Guide: "After too much partying, loving golf, tennis, and minigames, DK sought solace in the colder climes of his own summit, giving the cold shoulder to everybody!"
- Trading Card: "Donkey Kong, sporting a red tie and an appetite for speed, is a really heavy Heavyweight. But rest assured—size doesn't slow him down. This ape wouldn't miss a chance to throw down on the tracks, especially on the oh-so-treacherous DK Summit!"
- Class: Cruiser
- Stat Boosts
- Speed: 3.75
- Acceleration: 2.5
- Weight: 3.75
- Handling: 2.5
- Off-Road: 3.75
- Guide: "Donkey Kong may not be able to match Bowser's weight and speed, but makes up for it with improved acceleration. If you're not ready to try a true heavyweight, consider giving Donkey Kong a spin."
- Weight Class: Heavy
- Ground: 4.25
- Water: 4.75
- Air: 4.25
- Anti-Gravity: 4.5
- Acceleration: 2.25
- Weight: 4.25
- Ground: 2.75
- Water: 2.75
- Air: 2.5
- Anti-Gravity: 3
- Traction: 3.25
- Mini-Turbo: 1.75
- Bio: "The first member of the DK crew returns to the track after dealing with a pesky invasion of his home island by some cold-hearted northerners. Among the “light” Heavy racers, Donkey Kong isn’t the absolute fastest, but he’s not as slow to get up to speed, and is a little better in the corners."
- Staff ghost times
|Course||Staff name||Country||Time||Vehicle combination|
|Thwomp Ruins||Nin★Sophia||Germany||2:11.157||Varmint||Monster||Super Glider|
|3DS DK Jungle||Nin★Rie||Japan||2:26.900||Varmint||Monster||Super Glider|
- 150cc staff ghost time
|Course||Staff name||Country||Time||Vehicle combination|
|Thwomp Ruins||Nin★Sophia||Germany||2:12.125||Standard ATV||Monster||Super Glider|
|3DS DK Jungle||Nin★Rie||Japan||2:20.006||Varmint||Monster||Waddle Wing|
- 200cc staff ghost time
|Course||Staff Name||Country||Time||Vehicle Combination|
|GBA Cheese Land||Nin★Chris||United Kingdom||1:41.248||Streetle||Roller||Flower Glider|
- Special item: Giant Banana
- Favorite courses: Dino Dino Jungle, Waluigi Pinball R, DK Pass, Rock Rock Mountain, New York Minute 3R, New York Minute 4R
- Favored courses: Dino Dino Jungle R and Dino Dino Jungle T, DK Pass T, Rock Rock Mountain R, Koopa Troopa Beach R, New York Minute (T), Tokyo Blur R, Bowser's Castle 2R/T, Vanilla Lake 1R/T*, RMX Rainbow Road 1T*, New York Minute 3 (R/T), Merry Mountain R, RMX Choco Island 2T, Los Angeles Laps 2, Yoshi Valley R, Coconut Mall T, Berlin Byways R
Mario Tennis series
Bio: DK's every swing is a thing of heroic proportions as he relies on his simian strength to blow the ball by his opponents.
- Type: Power
- Bio: Among all the Power-type players, Donkey Kong can move most quickly. With his dynamic shots, he can overwhelm his opponent.
- Bio 2: This guy has more strength in his muscle-bound arms than a 12-gauge steam train. He's also the fastest of the Power players and has a huge range of shots.
- Type: Powerful
- Trick Shots: Kong Roll (forward/backward), Ground Pound (side)
- Special Shot: Barrel Cannon Chaos
Mario Golf series
- Distance: 215 yards
- Star Distance: 285 yards (+70)
- Trajectory: Slice
- Height: Low
- Impact: 11
- Star Impact: 5
- Control: 6
- Spin: 12
- Bio quote: "Smacking the ball a mile is great. Now let me show you what I mean!"
- Trajectory: Draw
- Height: 4
- Drive: 217 yards
- Sweet-Spot: 5.6
- Control: 5.05
- Star Drive: 283 yards (+66)
- Star Sweet-Spot: 2.9
- Star Control: 4.1
- Challenge Mode Character Match course
for star rank to be given: DK Jungle
- Type: Power
- Power: 225 yd
- 255 yd (Star)
- 285 yd (Super Star)
- Stamina: 12/15
- Speed: 6/10
- Control: 6/10
- 5/10 (Star)
- 4/10 (Super Star)
- Spin: 2/10
- 3/10 (Star)
- 4/10 (Super Star)
- Special Shot: Burly Strike
- Special Dash: DK Dash
Mario Baseball series
- Team Captain: Yes
- Player Type: Power
- Star Swing: Banana Ball
- Star Pitch: Banana Ball
- Special Skill: Clamber, Laser Beam
- Good Chemistry
- Bad Chemistry
- Batting: 8/10
- Pitching: 7/10
- Fielding: 4/10
- Running: 4/10
"A gorilla known for raw power, DK lives a carefree jungle life... unless someone messes with his bananas, in which case he just loses it. His ancestor, the original Donkey Kong wore no necktie. His talents lead in beating on primate foes and kart-racing. Fear his Banana Ball!"
- Star Missions
- Crack a long hit!
- Get 3 strikeouts!
- Hit a home run!
- Win MVP!
- Drive in runs vs Mario!
- Get a King Banana!
- Drive in a run with the Banana Ball swing!
- Belt 2 homers in one game!
- Get a runner out with the Laser Beam throw!
- Belt a homer with Diddy and Dixie Kong as runners!
|A strong hitter who can also climb walls.|
|Character||Good Chemistry||Bad Chemistry|
|Donkey Kong||Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Funky Kong, Tiny Kong, Brown Mii||King K. Rool, Kritter|
- Online Collectible Card bio
"As king of the jungle and captain of the DK Wilds, Donkey Kong packs some serious punch at the plate. Pairing him up with his pals Diddy Kong and Funky Kong in the outfield makes for some hairy defense."
- Baller Name: Dunky Monkey
- Type: Powerful
- Special Shot: Konga Dunk
- Letter to Tap: M
- Manual bio: "With his spectacular dunks and powerful steals, Donkey Kong is a mighty player. Do not get in his way!"
- Movement: 3
- Shooting: 10
- Passing: 3
- Defense: 10
|Character Name||Character Type||Home Court||Power Statistic||Speed Statistic||Technique Statistic|
|Donkey Kong||Powerful||DK Dock||5/5||1/5||3/5|
Mario Party series
- Bio (Party Mode): Loves Happenings! Thinks he can whip Bowser in a fight.
- Bio (Minigame Mode): Power is his pride. Clears every game in top form!
- Manual Bio: In tests of strength, DK is the top banana. He loves to use the Reverse Mushroom to send his opponents in the wrong direction.
- Bio (Party Mode): Strongest of all, he likes the Reverse Mushroom!
- Bio (Minigame Mode): This master of might heroically conquers all games!
- Bio (Duel Mode): The most powerful of all, he charges into battle with Whomp!
- Star Stamp: Strength
- Challenger Quote: "I can out-power anyone!"
- Duel Mode partner: Whomp
- Bio (Party Mode): Donkey Kong!!! He's the strongest! He loves Mega Mushrooms.
- Donkey Kong's Room:
- Donkey Kong's Barrel: This is Donkey Kong's barrel. It seems to be empty right now. Poor DK...
- How To Unlock: Defeat Toad in Story Mode with Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong's Tree: This is Donkey Kong's tree. He takes good care of it.
- How To Unlock: Defeat Goomba in Story Mode with Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong's Stand: This is Donkey Kong's stand. It can hold up to five bananas.
- How To Unlock: Defeat Shy Guy in Story Mode with Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong's Box: This is Donkey Kong's box. It contains Donkey Kong's treasures.
- How To Unlock: Defeat Boo in Story Mode with Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong's Doll: This is a Donkey Kong doll. He's our hero from the jungle.
- How To Unlock: Defeat Koopa in Story Mode with Donkey Kong
- Bowser Object: This is Bowser's object. It's quite, um, eye-catching...but what is it?
- How To Unlock: Defeat Bowser in Story Mode with Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong's Barrel: This is Donkey Kong's barrel. It seems to be empty right now. Poor DK...
- Super Duel Mode:
- Finals Name: The Beast Donkey Kong
- Machine Name: Banana Bot
- Machine Bio: "It's a one-shot, one-kill monster!"
- Machine Engine: DK Engine
- Machine Weapon: DK Gun
- Machine Body Type: DK Body
- Machine Tires: DK Tires
- Super Duel Mode:
- Jungle Major: A constellation named after the legendary lord of the jungle. He often wears neckties as a sign of his professional dedication to bananas.
- Site Bio: He’s finally back to kick some tail! After a break on the sidelines, the swinging king of the jungle is rolling out the barrel as a playable character once again.
This gentle beast is rather burly.
|"Uses his brute strength to smash any and all barrels in his way. Just get him near a barrel and watch him smash it!"|
- Website bio: "Who has a fancy tie and two opposable thumbs? Donkey Kong, of course!"
- Bio: "With both strength and agility, Donkey Kong, a truly powerful competitor, cannot wait to try his unique skills in the London Olympic Games."
- Bio: "This swinging king of the jungle has tremendous strength and agility on his side, and he can't wait to show off his skills."
Flag Description (Wii U version)
"Although this mild-mannered king of the jungle isn’t the brightest banana in the bunch, he boasts exceptional strength with which he hopes to dominate the Olympic Games. Since DK and his friends normally live in the jungle, these Olympic Games are perfect for his training regimen."
Miis' Dialogues (Wii U version)
- Donkey Kong always wears the same red tie with his initials on it. I had no idea apes had such fashion sense! Still, a set of cufflinks might be nice...
- Donkey Kong's favorite food is bananas, hands down. Despite being tasty, bananas are quite nutritious, which might explain why he's so big and strong. Maybe if you eat a whole lot of bananas, you could grow up to be as strong as DK himself!
- Donkey Kong has an easygoing pal named Diddy Kong. They go on lots of adventures together, backing each other up in areas where one or the other excels.
- Website description: "King of the jungle and superstar of the Kong Family. He's so strong, it isn't funny. He'd do anything for a banana or ten."
- Online manual: "The powerful Kong family superstar is here fresh from the jungle! His wild movements will batter opponents into submission."
|Stage Mode||Versus Mode|
|1||63||Sends rows (1) of viruses to your opponent.||81|
|2||59||Sends rows (1) of viruses to your opponent. Fills skill meter faster (medium)||60|
|3||55||Sends rows (2) of viruses to your opponent.||81|
|4||51||Sends rows (2) of viruses to your opponent. Fills skill meter faster (medium).||60|
|5||47||Sends rows (2) of viruses to your opponent. Fills skill meter faster (high).||46|
- Dr. Mario World Twitter:
- Blue: "It seems that new doctors will be making their appearance at 3 AM on Oct. 31 PT. Ah, I see that Dr. Donkey Kong is arriving this time around! It's a wonder that he can hear a thing through such a rustic stethoscope."
- Yellow: "The Dr. Donkey Kong Pack is available for purchase for a limited time. His stage mode skill lands with a boom and then pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop! It eliminates nine objects. The pack comes with 260 diamonds too."
Super Smash Bros. series
- Instruction booklet bio: "Mario's former enemy, this mighty ape is bestowed with tremendous power and overwhelming attacks."
- Game Bio: Donkey Kong and Mario started out as arch-rivals, but they've patched things up in recent years. These days Donkey Kong spends his time searching the jungle for bananas instead of kidnapping beautiful maidens. In the past few years, other members of the Kong family have cashed in on DK's fame as well, including his favorite nephew, Diddy.
- Instruction booklet bio: "An ape with overwhelming girth and power."
|While he now prefers the laid-back jungle lifestyle to construction site mischief, DK is often forced back into action by the Kremling Krew. The great ape is quite fast despite his burly physique, and he keeps his strength up with a steady diet of his favorite food: bananas. His one extravagance (and only piece of clothing) is a monogrammed necktie.|
|Donkey Kong [Smash]
|: Giant Punch
Smash : Headbutt
|Donkey Kong is a huge target in a fight, so he hates crowds. When he's in the fray, his Giant Punch deals serious damage to multiple opponents. The big ape's Headbutt hits so hard that it temporarily buries opponent's in the ground. DK is a lot faster than he looks, and he's lethal in the hands of a master.|
|Donkey Kong [Smash]
|Up & : Spinning Kong
Down & : Hand Slap
|Being the strongest simian around, DK has the upper hand once he grabs an opponent. He can even lift his foe up and make him or her an unwilling traveling companion; if DK grabs you, shake your Control Stick as fast as you can to break his grip. His Spinning Kong covers more lateral distance than vertical, so use it quickly to recover.|
- Website bio: "It’s Donkey Kong, ruler of the jungle. The original giant powerhouse makes a triumphant return! Looks like his giant punch is still the haymaker you remember. Don’t doubt his strength or you’ll end up with the ultimate headache!"
- Instruction Booklet bio: "The large king of the jungle. He moves with surprising agility."
- Snake: Otacon, there's a gorilla wearing a tie here. He's huge.
- Otacon: That's Donkey Kong. As you can tell, he's got strength to spare. He may be king of the jungle, but he lives in a house just like you or me. And he seems pretty smart--well, for an ape, anyway. The Donkey Kong who fought that epic battle with Mario was this guy's grandfather.
- Snake: That was a long time ago. What about this Donkey Kong? Does he get along with Mario?
- Otacon: Nope, they're still at it. Seems like they're always competing in something--kart racing, sports, you name it.
- Snake: A chip off the old block....
|Donkey Kong||SNES Donkey Kong Country
N64 Donkey Kong 64
|A carefree jungle dweller with the charisma of a natural leader. He keeps busy by foiling the plans of the Kremlings and their boss, King K. Rool. As his physique suggests, this ape is a powerhouse. He's got speed to match too, and his love for bananas is second to none. His famous necktie is adorned with his initials, DK.|
|Konga Beat||Wii Super Smash Bros. Brawl||DK about to go to town with some bongos! His performance is so magnificent and upbeat that it creates damage-inducing sound waves. Press the buttons in time to the music, and the sound waves may grow stronger. DK's invulnerable when launching this attack, but he's also immobile, so be careful using it on scrolling stages.|
- Nintendo 3DS only
|Donkey Kong + Barrel Train||Series Related|| This mean machine may look like it was meant for the tracks, but really it was made to soar. That fine wood finish isn't so great in the water, though. I bet more than a few players have fond memories of the Barrel Train and its first driver, Diddy Kong.|
This kart might look like it needs to be on rails, but it's actually great in mid-air. Like any barrel, though, it has a tendency to float. In a race that comes down to speed in water, it'll get left behind. The name "Barrel Train" might ring a bell for Mario Kart veterans—it was Diddy Kong's kart!
- Wii U only
|Name||Image||Category||Appears in||Trophy Box||Description|
|Konga Beat||Final Smash||-||90: Final Smashes 1|| In this Final Smash, DK drums on a set of bongos, just like in the Donkey Konga games. Press the attack button in rhythm with the circles to boost the attack's range and power. Enemy attacks won't affect you, but you can't move, either. Auto-scrolling stages will slow down but won't stop-don't get too carried away in the beat!|
In this Final Smash, DK drums on a set of bongos, just like in the Donkey Konga games. Press the attack button in rhythm with the circles to boost the attack's range and power. Enemy attacks won't affect you, but you can't move, either. Auto-scrolling stages will slow down, but be careful or you might still self-destruct!
- Pit: Looks like it's me versus DK.
- Palutena: His arms are like tree trunks, so his attacks are incredibly powerful. Given his size, he also moves quite quickly. Combine that speed and power with his long reach, and you've got an opponent who's good at almost everything!
- Pit: Yeah...except for dressing himself. That necktie really doesn't leave much to the imagination.
- Palutena: True, but it is his signature look. It's probably best not to mention it.
- Viridi: Yeah, you wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one of his Giant Punches or smash attacks! When he attacks you, don't use your shield. Just get out of the way, and then counterattack.
- Palutena: And watch where you come in for a landing!
|No.||Name||Image||Series / game||Type||Class||Strength / effect(s)||How to obtain||Spirit battle|
|134||Donkey Kong||Donkey Kong Series||Fighter||N/A||N/A||Classic Mode as Donkey Kong||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|169||Donkey Kong & Bongos||Donkey Konga Series||Support (1)||Advanced||Perfect-Shield Reflect||Timmy and Tommy's||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Super Smash Blog bio
"His charged punch is one of the strongest attacks in the game! In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, his Final Smash has been updated from Konga Beat to a flurry of punches!"
- Bio: A soft-hearted, yet hard as nails hero of the jungle. Is he only here for the banana-selling fruit stalls?
- This king of the jungle is superstrong, a little scatterbrained, and absolutely nuts about bananas. His adventures usually start with people stealing his hoard of them. As his physique suggests, this Kong is a powerhouse, but he's got speed to match too! His famous red necktie is adorned with his initials, DK.
"APPEARS IN: DKC 1, 2, 3
The star of the show - at least to begin with. DK is the friendly giant of the jungle, a hulking primate with not a bad bone in his body. Yes, he can be clumsy and stubborn, but the only person he's ever really held a grudge against is old adversary K. Rool, as much his arch-enemy as Mario was Cranky's (so he keeps telling them). DK loves the tranquillity of his island home and the friends and family that live there with him, but there are two things in life most important of all: bananas and adventure. Conveniently, thanks to the Kremlings' thieving instincts, the two often go hand-in-hand..."
"Back at the head of the DK Crew in his first starring role since the original DKC, the longest-running ape in videogame history (with the exception of one other grouchy member of the family) is tougher than ever, packing heat and ready to face down those Kremlings in the latest battle for his homeland. No retreat! No surrender! No bananas? That's the last straw..."
German Donkey Kong 64 website
- Name: Donkey Kong
- Occupation: Professional ape
- Hobbies: Drumming the bongos, Bodybuilding
- Favorite dish: Coconut Souffle
- Favorite movie: The Konginator 2
- Greatest hero: Jean-Claude van Kong
Sometimes the apple falls far from the tree. Donkey's father, Cranky, was extraordinarily successful in his younger years as a video game wrongdoer. Since the end of his career he has been trying to make Donkey his successor. But he had no desire to kidnap innocent girls as an notorious fiend just to have them rescued by another hero. Donkey preferred to be the hero himself, and has long since made a name for himself in this respect. Proudly he wears the highest medal of the DK Islands that is awarded for exceptional service in the name of the Kong clan: the red necktie. Thanks to his muscular strength, Donkey is the most important defender when the Kremlings once again have nothing better to do than to steal the entire banana supply of the Kongs.
The king of the jungle, and the Kong family's superstar!
He possesses a large body and extraordinary strength! He can also easily hurl massive barrels, and can smash the ground, causing huge tremors as a result!
But, he's usually easy-going, though maybe a bit absentminded.
By working together with his partner Diddy Kong, his grandpa Cranky Kong, and other similar friends, they punish anyone who disturbs the peace of the jungle.
Bananas are DK's greatest, most favourite food ever! He keeps lots of Bananas in his house all the time. If you try to take them, watch out, because he'll get awfully angry!
The king of the jungle, and superstar of the Kong family.
He has superhuman strength, to such a degree that he can easily fling huge barrels, and create strong tremors by slapping the ground.
Bananas are his favorite food, and there are always a lot of them at his house.
The official home of Super Mario
The king of the jungle whose trademark is his red necktie, which bears his initials.
Donkey Kong can hurl giant barrels with the greatest of ease, and is so powerful the ground shakes when he pounds on the ground.
He loves bananas and always keeps a large stash of them in his treehouse.
- This friendly member of the Kong family loves swinging from tree to tree, and he goes bananas for friends and family!
|Profiles and statistics|
|Cranky Kong • Donkey Kong • Diddy Kong • Funky Kong • K. Rool|