Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest artwork
|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995)|
|Latest appearance||Donkey Konga 2 (cameo) (2004)|
- “K. Rool is no fool. He has got two big blue goons watching his horde near half way.”
- —Cranky Kong, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Krunchas are a specific type of Krushas that wear pirate gear. They also have a different appearance and behavioral traits. Krunchas appear as an enemy in both Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest and Donkey Kong Land 2. If either Diddy or Dixie jump on a Kruncha, its entire body turns red, and it rapidly moves back and forth before reverting to normal. Kruncha can be defeated by either a Team-up throw, jumping on it while using Team-up, or while under the effects of an Invincibility Barrel.
He wears a red bandana with white polka dots, hoop earrings, yellow clothes, golden arm bands and an anchor tattoo in the shoulder.
Like other Kremling Krew members during the events of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest/Donkey Kong Land 2, Krusha is ordered by K. Rool to dress up as a pirate of the Kremling Kuthroats' time. He is nicknamed Kruncha, because he gets angry when the little Kongs hit him physically even though he's match for them. Without Donkey Kong around, the only thing to defeat him is other means.
- Gangplank Galley
- Topsail Trouble
- Hot-Head Hop
- Kannon's Klaim
- Red-Hot Ride
- Slime Climb
- Ghostly Grove
- Web Woods
- Windy Well
- Castle Crush (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest-exclusive level)
- Clapper's Cavern
Profiles and statistics
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
- “Muscle-bound and muscle-headed, Kruncha is impervious to Diddy and Dixie's attacks. They only make him mad!”
- —Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, SNES instruction booklet, page 29
- “And let's not leave out Krusha, who has a chest like a boulder and a brain to match.”
- —Nintendo Power vol. 76, page 26
|Nintendo Power issue 79 trading cards|
|Turn Ons||Barbells, washboard abs, feeling the burn.|
|Turn Offs||Yogurt, quiche, people who hog the mirror at the gym.|
|Favorite Quote||I'll be back.|
|Favorite Video||Anything with Schwarzenegger in it.|
|Favorite Song||Macho Man|
|Tips and Secrets||Kruncha is invulnerable to Diddy's and Dixie's attacks. Hitting him only makes him mad, and if he turns red, a mere touch will make you lose a life. Use barrels or chests to send him packing.|
- This article is a stub. You can help DKpedia by expanding it.
Names in other languages
- ^ Donkey Kong Land 2 Instruction Booklet, Nintendo, 1996, p. 2 - "INTRODUCTION: King K. Rool and his band of Kremlings apenapped Donkey Kong. They're demanding the Kongs to hand over the banana hoard for Donkey's safe return. Donkey Kong would have a fit if they lost the banana hoard again. So it's up to Diddy and Dixie Kong to save him. Help the two monkeys make their way through all the Kremlings and all the traps to find Donkey Kong."
- ^ Nintendo Power, Vol. 79, December, 1995, p. 15 - "CROCODILE ISLE: King K. Rool now fancies himself a pirate, taking on the title of "Kaptain" and ordering his Kremlings to dress up as peg-legged buccaneers."
- ^ Gregg Mayles on Twitter (retrieved on May, 4, 2018)