Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest artwork
|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995)|
- “What colors were the crocodile heads you jumped on in the first lava level?”
- —Swanky Kong, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Krockheads only appear as huge heads and are green and brown with different functions.
In Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest/Donkey Kong Land 2, Krocheads appear first in the level Hot-Head Bop, but several of them appeared on swamp levels. The green Krocheads were used as solid ground, they can submerge or surface, and some of them can also be summoned by their barrels in the level Krockhead Klamber. The brown Krocheads were used as trampolines.
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
- “The green heads make great stepping stones and the brown heads are excellent springboards for reaching those high places.”
- —Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest SNES instruction booklet, page 31
- “These primitive Kremlings inhabit swamps and are not quick to attack. With their springy jaws, they make great stepping stones and catapults, but be careful that they don't sink out of sight just as you're making your leap.”
- —Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest SNES Player's Guide, page 15
- Nintendo Magazine System (AU), Vol. 47, February, 1997, p. 48 - "STAGE 8 KROCKHEAD KLAMBER: This will cause the Krocs to rise to the surface, enabling you to avoid being swamped by the murky waters below."