|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country (1994)|
|Latest appearance||DK: Jungle Climber (2007)|
|Base of operations||Crocodile Isle (capital)|
Kremkroc Industries, Inc. (Klump's base)
Great Ape Lakes
Tin Can Valley
K. Rool's Mobile Island Fortress
Chill 'n' Char Island (launch area)
The emblem of the Kremling Krew is a variant of the Jolly Roger but with a Kremling head in place of a skull. This is shown on the Gangplank Galleon sail rig, flags, pirate hats, carpet, bedspreads and behind The Flying Krock.
The Kremling Krew is born out of the Kremling Kuthroats' end where its remains is collected by K. Rool when he forms his own pirate pack. To further expand the pack, Kremling Krew is easily able to take control over the own home island with establishment of K. Rool's Keep and Krazy Kremland. The tyranny of the pack resulted on waste of natural resources from own home island and Kremlings are mistreated.
Klump, Kasplat, a chief technician Kritter and Kalypso are part of the leadership. Krusha, Kudgel and Klubba are part of strong protection. Kritters and Klaptraps are the reinforcement.
Donkey Kong franchise
Upon discovering that there is a neighboring island, half of Kremling Krew forces under the supervision of Klump were sent to Kong Isle in search of resources and export to their homeland. The group establishes an industrial zone and a network of mines across the mountain. The first resource they found was ores, but they leave it all behind and some Kritters could not get out of the mine where they were petrified.
In Donkey Kong Country, the Kremling Krew discovered a Banana Hoard who was under the Donkey Kong's protection and also find its opposition which is the Kong Family. The advantage from having managed to steal the entire hoard was defeat Diddy Kong and ordered by K. Rool to for wait for Gangplank Galleon. But the pack had its defeat when Klump with his squad were driven off and K. Rool defeated.
The Kremling Krew began to have its big fall in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest/Donkey Kong Land 2. But before this event, the pack returns to its origins as a pirate group and was assigned to kidnap DK to extort the Banana Hoard. During the adventure, Kong Family and Kremling Krew fought across the Crocodile Isle in a conflict that culminated on DK rescue and Crocodile Isle destruction.
Because this, various Kremlings that serves the Kremling Krew were forced to withdraw to the Northern Kremisphere for months. Two days earlier when KAOS appears, the Kremlings grouped in the Mekanos formed a temporary group called Kremling Kreeps. With the KAOS defeated, is revealed that the Kremling Kreeps was overseen by none other than K. Rool. The Kremling Krew was started to be restored in Krematoa and Kuff 'n' Klout are K. Rool's remaining minions. The Kremling Krew was in the Northern Kremisphere in Donkey Kong Land III where they lived in the factories.
Before Donkey Kong 64 when K. Rool regrouped the Kremling remnants, this time the Kremling Krew is reinforced with an artificial island that fits several members. The pack began to be a threat through a powerful technological weapon called Blast-O-Matic that intended to destroy Kong Isle. But ex-members as K. Lumsy and Snide betrayed the pack by helping the Kong Family deactivate the weapon.
Donkey Kong Country
- SNES Player's Guide (page 13): All baddies on the island are under King K. Root's control. It was the Kremlings that stole Donkey Kong's banana hoard, but it's the combined efforts of the baddies that are trying to stave off Donkey Kong's attempt to recover the bananas.
- Nintendo Power vol. 65 (page 20): Donkey Kong's Island has been overrun by the Kremlings. Their lizard ancestors may have been slow and cold blooded, but Kremlings move fast. We’ve gathered some strategies to help get you past K. Rool’s mean green team.
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
- SNES Instruction booklet (page 28): You're on enemy ground now, so you'll be facing craftier, crueler Kremlings than ever before. They don't wear that pirate regalia for nothing!
- Nintendo Power vol. 76 (page 26): They're the same, but not the same. They're deranged, estranged, and subtly changed. K. Rool's Kremling crew show its true colors in DKC2. No longer are they merely repulsive reptiles.
Donkey Kong 64
- Prima Official Game Guide (page 15): The DK crew has its work cut out for it in K. Rool's army of bad guys. You can defeat some with a single hit; others require a special move. One thing is certain: they'd all love to get their hands on a Kong.
- Crocodile Isle (capital)
- Kremkroc Industries, Inc.
- Great Ape Lakes
- Tin Can Valley
- K. Rool's Mobile Island Fortress
- Ghost Island
- Chill 'n' Char Island
K. Rool's bed
| K. Rool's Returns - The title theme from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.||File info|
| Klubba's Reveille - The theme that plays in Klubba's Kiosk in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.||File info|
Names in other languages
|French||Gang Kremling||Kremling Krew|
|Italian||Banda Kremling||Kremling Krew|
|Spanish||Banda de Kremling||Kremling Krew|