|First appearance||Donkey Kong Jr. (1982)|
|Latest appearance||Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (2014)|
|Base of operations||Kongo Jungle/Kong Island|
Tiki Tak Tribe
Kong Family (also known as Donkey Kong Family, Kong Klan and DK Crew) is a Kong bloodline whose first known member was the Cranky Kong's great grandfather. The family became a resistance group of the Kong Island when the Kremling Krew invaded it and Donkey Kong is the leader.
The emblem is the initials D and K red embroidered with yellow. The emblem is visible on Donkey Kong's tie and several other objects, including barrels, coins, pennants, portals, dirt piles, stars, flags, and switches.
The Kong Family comes from the lineage of the current Donkey Kong. The first member of the family was Cranky's unnamed great-grandfather who was only mentioned by the Bazaar when selling the mirror. Cranky married Wrinkly Kong where she gave birth to Donkey Kong Jr. and Junior generated the hero DK.
Donkey Kong franchise
During the Kremling Krew invasion, the Kong Family became a resistance group against any intruders who are after the island's resources and helped create a union through Dixie's family & close friends. When DK is in danger or absent, minor members as Diddy or Dixie become main leaders of the clan to the rescue.
The family committed several heroic acts throughout the franchise, for example: recover the Banana Hoard, rescued DK on enemy territory, freed the Kong Country from Kremling Kreeps, fought for the fate of the home island, collected the medals of the Jungle Jam, saved the universe, destroyed all Tikis and took back the home island from the Snowmads.
The clan is not alone, it has allies from other worlds. The Brothers Bear for example know the Kong Family members and Funky Kong is the friend of them. K. Lumsy which is the K. Rool's younger brother, love the Kongs and neighboring island. Xananab and his people became an ally of the family for being helped to retrieve the 5 Crystal Bananas and to save his home planet.
Donkey Kong Country
- “Kong's family helps out in many ways, from advice to transportation. Introducing Cranky, Candy and Funky Kong!”
- —Nintendo Power vol. 65, page 19
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
- “Even though Diddy and Dixie are supposed to be going on this quest on their own, the rest of the Kong clan just couldn't stay out of it, especially since there is money to be made helping beginning adventures! You'll find all the Kong family members in the prime business locations throughot Crocodile Isle.”
- —Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest SNES instruction booklet, page 26
- “The rest of the Kong clan will be happy to perform many valuable services-that is, if you've got a few Banana Coins to spare!”
- —Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest Player's Guide, page 7
Donkey Kong Country 3: Diddy Kong's Double Trouble!
- “Everyone's getting in on the act! This time around, the Kong Family members offer their services free, with the exeption of Swanky Kong (of course)! You'll find Kong Family members in every world.”
- —Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! SNES instruction booklet, page 16
- “Donkey and Diddy might be off exploring the island, but Dixie and Kiddy can always find a hairy helping hand or a world of encouragement from other members of the Kong Klan. While these reliable relatives won't join you in your adventure, each family member possesses an important skill that can make your jungle jonrney just a little bit easier.”
- —Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! Player's Guide, page 8
Donkey Kong 64
- “You’ll find the services of these unsung heroes invaluable as you trudge through your third-rate quest. I’d now like to introduce you to the most important character in the game, as well as my trusty assistants who have minor roles, too. Just remember that we rightfully expect our expertise to be rewarded, so do collect a good haul of Banana Bunch Coins before you even think about disturbing me, won’t you?”
- —Cranky Kong, Donkey Kong 64 instruction booklet, page 8
- “There's more to Donkey Kong 64 than a barrelful of monkeys. Besides the five starring Kongs, family favorites such as Cranky and Wrinkly refused to stay away once they heard about all the fun. There are new supporting characters, as well. Meet them now-up close and personal.”
- —Donkey Kong 64 Player's Guide, page 6
- “At the beginning of your adventure, you'll guide Donkey Kong through the DK Isles. As you progress, you will free the other members of the Kong family and you will be able to switch control to those Kongs at Tag Barrels.”
- —Nintendo Power vol. 141, page 70
| DK Island Swing - 1st part from the jungle theme.||File info|
| Wrinkly's Save Cave - The theme that plays in Wrinkly's Save Cave in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!.||File info|
| DK Island Swing - 1st part from the jungle theme in Donkey Kong Country Returns.||File info|
| Palm Tree Grove - 1st silhouette level theme which is an arrangement of DK Island Swing.||File info|
| Foggy Fumes - 2nd silhouette level theme which is an arrangement of DK Island Swing.||File info|
| Loading - The theme plays in the loading screen which is an arrangement of DK Island Swing.||File info|
| Bopopolis - The theme plays in the even Key Temples which is an arrangement of DK Island Swing.||File info|
Names in other languages
|French||Famille Kong||Kong Family|
|Italian||Famiglia Kong||Kong Family|
|Spanish||Familia Kong||Kong Family|