|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995)|
|Portrayed by||Chris Sutherland (1995)|
Klinger is a orange skinny Kritter with a yellow belly and carries a knife in his mouth. His attire is a green badana & loincloth with white polka dots and gold earrings.
Along with his fellows from Kremling Krew in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest and Donkey Kong Land 2, Klinger patrolled areas of Crocodile Isle to stop Diddy and Dixie from saving Donkey Kong who was kidnapped by K. Rool. He climbed ropes on rigging levels, cumbungi on swamp levels, chains on castle levels and vines on bramble levels to try and slide down to the Kongs. But he is always defeated by them when he is stepped on or being hit by anything.
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
- “Look out below! Klinger climbs around in the rigging, ready to slide down on anyone below him.”
- —Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest SNES instruction booklet, page 28
- “Kremlings aren't natural climbers, but this fellow has been specially trained to be quick and agile. He climbs up and slide down the same lengh of rope over and over, so you can study his pattern and sneak by him. Like other Kremlings, he's vulnerable to overhead attacks.”
- —Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest SNES Player's Guide, page 12
- The name is a pun on the word Clinger.