- This article is about the enemy from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. For the cannon from the same game, see Kannon (object).
- Not to be confused with Cannon.
- “Batten down the hatches—looks like Klump’s been taking shooting lessons!”
- —Donkey Kong Country 2 (Game Boy Advance) instruction booklet, page 23
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest artwork
|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995)|
|Latest appearance||Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA) (2004)|
Kannons are a type of enemy featured in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest and Donkey Kong Land 2. They are an alias of Klumps, dressed in pirate gear. Kannons carry a cannon with them (hence their name) from which they shoot out either cannonballs or barrels individually. Most Kannons face left or right, although some face downward. Kannons can be defeated through various means, including a jump attack.
He wears a black pirate hat with a white human skull and cross-bones, a black eyepatch on his left eye, hoop earrings, a brown belt with a gold buckle and brown leather boots.
Like other Kremling Krew members during the events of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest/Donkey Kong Land 2, Klump is ordered by K. Rool to dress up as a pirate of the Kremling Kuthroats' time. He is nicknamed Kannon, because he used that weapon to attack Kongs shooting cannonballs (front and down) and normal barrels. Without his military helmet, Kannon is easily defeated by any attack.
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest
- Instruction booklet (page 29): "It looks like Klump can shoot!"
- Nintendo Player's Guide (page 14): "Kannon is a barrel-chested baddie who speaks softly and carries a big...well, cannon! He's got an unlimited supply of ammunition, and he's perfectly happy just standing in one place, blasting away until the Kremcows come home! He doesn't pause very often, but there's usually a pattern to his cannon fire."
Donkey Kong Country 2 (Game Boy Advance)
- Instruction booklet (page 23): "Batten down the hatches—looks like Klump’s been taking shooting lessons!"
Donkey Kong Country 2/Donkey Kong Land 2
- Kannon's Klaim
- Squawks's Shaft
- Rattle Battle
- Slime Climb
- Bramble Scramble
- Mudhole Marsh
- Rambi Rumble
- Gusty Glade
- Web Woods
- Windy Well
- Chain Link Chamber
- Toxic Tower
- Animal Antics
- This article is a stub. You can help DKpedia by .
Names in other languages
- Donkey Kong Land 2 Instruction Booklet, Nintendo, 1996, p. 2 - "INTRODUCTION: King K. Rool and his band of Kremlings apenapped Donkey Kong. They're demanding the Kongs to hand over the banana hoard for Donkey's safe return. Donkey Kong would have a fit if they lost the banana hoard again. So it's up to Diddy and Dixie Kong to save him. Help the two monkeys make their way through all the Kremlings and all the traps to find Donkey Kong."
- Nintendo Power, Vol. 79, December, 1995, p. 15 - "CROCODILE ISLE: King K. Rool now fancies himself a pirate, taking on the title of "Kaptain" and ordering his Kremlings to dress up as peg-legged buccaneers."
- Gregg Mayles on Twitter (retrieved on May, 4, 2018)