|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995)|
|Portrayed by||Chris Sutherland (1995-2004)|
Along with his fellows from Kremling Krew in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest and Donkey Kong Land 2, Kaboing is ordered by K. Rool to dress up as a pirate of the Kremling Kuthroats' time. He patrolled areas of Crocodile Isle to prevent Diddy and Dixie from saving the Donkey Kong who was kidnapped by his boss. He jumps all over the place and becomes tricky when he jumps to high. Just like the other common Kritters, Kaboing is weak and can be easily defeated by any attack of Diddy & Dixie.
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
- SNES Instruction booklet (page 28): "This Kremling bounces around on two spring-loaded peg legs."
- Nintendo Player's Guide (page 13): "Kaboing has hd both of his legs replaced with spring-loaded pegs, and he uses them with deadly efficiency. If tou're on the same level with him, you should use a super jump to get a leg up on him; otherwise, you my find yourself jumping right into him rather than on top him."
- Nintendo Magazine System (Australia) vol. 36 (page 21): "These Kremlings are never happy with what they've been given are they?! This one decided he'd have much more fun if he had his legs removed and replaced by super spring-loaded peg legs."
Donkey Kong Country 2/Donkey Kong Land 2
- Gangplank Galley
- Topsail Trouble
- Lava Lagoon (DKC2)
- Barrel Bayou (DKL2)
- Krockhead Klamber
- Rattle Battle
- Slime Climb (DKL2)
- Gusty Glade (Bonus level in DKL2)
- Web Woods
- Chain Link Chamber (Bonus level in DKL2)
- Toxic Tower
- Jungle Jinx (DKL2)
- Klobber Karnage (DKL2)
- Fiery Furnace (DKL2)
- Animal Antics
- David Wise on Twitter (retrieved on January 10, 2019)
- Donkey Kong Land 2 Instruction Booklet, Nintendo, 1996, p. 2 - INTRODUCTION: King K. Rool and his band of Kremlings apenapped Donkey Kong. They're demanding the Kongs to hand over the banana hoard for Donkey's safe return. Donkey Kong would have a fit if they lost the banana hoard again. So it's up to Diddy and Dixie Kong to save him. Help the two monkeys make their way through all the Kremlings and all the traps to find Donkey Kong."
- Gregg Mayles on Twitter (retrieved on May, 4, 2018)
- Nintendo Power, Vol. 79, December, 1995, p. 15 - "CROCODILE ISLE: King K. Rool now fancies himself a pirate, taking on the title of "Kaptain" and ordering his Kremlings to dress up as peg-legged buccaneers."