Donkey Kong's Crash Course
Donkey Kong's Crash Course is a single-player Donkey Kong-themed minigame that appears in Nintendo Land. It requires the player to navigate through a maze-like level in a small contraption, and is played by tilting the . A larger version of roughly half of the map is displayed on the television screen, whilst a view of the player is shown on the Wii U GamePad. The gameplay is most likely inspired by the Mine Cart levels in Donkey Kong Country or Donkey Kong Country Returns, and the background is based on the stages within the original Donkey Kong.
There are four courses in total; the first is red, the second is blue, and the final two are more difficult variations of the first two that have elements of the course missing or changed.
The player is awarded an extra life for every 2000 points they earn. As with the rest of Nintendo Land, gameplay hints and tips are revealed by Monita during gameplay. In Donkey Kong's Crash Course, Monita most notably encourages the player to keep an eye out for shortcuts, which is a way for the player to acquire higher scores.
|Name||How to unlock|
|Perfect through Area 2||Get to the third Goal Flag of the first course without losing any lives.|
|Cutting Corners||Take a shortcut that bypasses a Goal Flag.|
|Skip 30 Bananas||Purposely miss 30 bananas in the first course and finish the course.|
|Double Damsel Rescue||Finish all four courses.|
|Perfect Run||Finish all four courses without losing any lives.|
- Two songs for the Jukebox:
| Courses 1 & 3 - A medley of Courses 1 and 3's music||File info|
| Courses 2 & 4 - A medley of Courses 2 and 4's music||File info|
- Gear Crank (Left): This handle turns smoothly thanks to revolutionary technology. Truly revolutionary. You know...because it rotates.
- Gear Crank (Right): It took three years of intensive research to develop a handle that turns this smoothly. In hindsight, it has been increasingly clear that the time could have been better spent.
- Goal Flag: It's all too easy to crash just before you pass the flag. Don't get careless!
Names in other languages
Donkīkongu no kurasshukōsu
|Donkey Kong's Crash Course|
|Dutch||Donkey Kongs hindernisbaan||Donkey Kong's Obstacle Course|
|French||Le circuit périlleux de Donkey Kong||Donkey Kong's Perilous Circuit|
|German||Donkey Kongs Crashkurs||Donkey Kong's Crash Course|
|Italian||Il pericolante percorso di Donkey Kong||Donkey Kong's Precarious Path|
|Portuguese||Andaime Infernal do Donkey Kong||Donkey Kong's Infernal Scaffoldings|
|Russian||Опасный маршрут Донки Конга
Opasnyy marshrut Donki Konga
|Donkey Kong's Dangerous Route|
|Spanish||La pista de obstáculos de Donkey Kong||Donkey Kong's Obstacle Course|
- Donkey Kong's Crash Course was going to be based on either the Excitebike or 1080° Snowboarding franchises.
- While the theme and music is based on the original Donkey Kong, part of the music is based on Cranky's Theme from Donkey Kong Country.