Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest artwork
|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995)|
|Latest appearance||Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo Switch) (2018)|
|Family||Tiny Kong (younger sister)|
Chunky Kong (cousin)
Kiddy Kong (cousin)
|Portrayed by||Eveline Novakovic (2004-2005)|
Kahoru Sasajima (2005-present)
- “What sort of name is Dixie anyway? In my day, you were lucky to have a name at all!”
- —Cranky Kong, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Dixie Kong is a female Kong serving as one of the main characters in the Donkey Kong franchise since her debut in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. Dixie is the older sister of Tiny Kong, the girlfriend of Diddy Kong, and a cousin of Kiddy Kong and Chunky Kong. She is the second female Kong introduced in the franchise, the first being Candy Kong, who debuted in Donkey Kong Country. Dixie is the first female Kong to be playable and have a starring role.
Dixie is a chimpanzee with pale-pink skin, brown fur, blonde hair and green eyes. Her wear is a pink shirt, pink beret, red sash under the beret, pink knee brace, and green earrings.
Donkey Kong Country / Donkey Kong Land series
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest / Donkey Kong Land 2
In Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Dixie accompanied her boyfriend Diddy on the journey from Crocodile Isle to save Donkey Kong which was kidnapped by the Kremling Krew under K. Rool's orders. These same events occurred in Donkey Kong Land 2.
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
In Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!, Dixie went to the Northern Kremisphere because she was very worried about DK & Diddy who disappeared for two days and of course she takes in her cousin Kiddy Kong who was with Funky Kong. Dixie passes land by land from the mainland where she defeats KAOS and his group of Kremling remnants called Kremling Kreeps. As she discovers that KAOS was the K. Rool's puppet, she fights against him on castle where she saves DK & Diddy and in the submarine. This time, she completes the journey saving the Queen Banana Bird and her children who were imprisoned by K. Rool where he is defeated by last defeat.
Donkey Kong Land III
In Donkey Kong Land III, Dixie and Kiddy participate in a contest to find the legendary Lost World that was hidden on Northern Kremisphere and gain fame & fortune. She finds out that K. Rool with the Kremlings from Kremling Kreeps also participates in the contest and she needed to win for good. Dixie along with Kiddy managed to find the Lost World and defeat K. Rool taking all the treasure.
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
In Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Dixie was the second to be found by DK on Shipwreck Shore when she and other Kongs were driven off from own island by the Snowmads during the DK's birthday party. She uses her hair to fly, shoots gum when she's separated, enemies are turned into golden Heart Boost using Kong POW along with DK and has his own barrel with the initials DX. After Lord Fredrik's expulsion, Dixie joined the victory band in which she plays her electric guitar.
Donkey Konga series
DK: King of Swing
In DK: King of Swing, Dixie appears in the intro and complete ending. As playable in the Jungle Jam, her Jump is 5 out of 5 and Attack is 1 out of 5.
DK: Jungle Climber
In DK: Jungle Climber, Dixie appears in the intro along with other Kongs, she guards the Extra Stages and the second adversary in the Booster Battle.
Diddy Kong Racing DS
In Diddy Kong Racing DS, Dixie joined Diddy on a quest to help Timber drive Wizpig off her home island in a race. As a playable character, her Acceleration is 2 out of 5, Turning and Top Speed are 3 out of 5.
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
- Main article: List of Dixie Kong quotes
- Main article: List of Dixie Kong profiles and statistics
- "Donkey Kong 64 Instruction Booklet, Nintendo, 1999, p. 7 - "TINY KONG: I thought this was Dixie Kong until she told me that she is Dixie’s younger sister." (Cranky Kong)
- Donkey Kong Land 2 Instruction Booklet, Nintendo, 1996, p. 2 - "INTRODUCTION: King K. Rool and his band of Kremlings apenapped Donkey Kong. They're demanding the Kongs to hand over the banana hoard for Donkey's safe return. Donkey Kong would have a fit if they lost the banana hoard again. So tt's up to diddy and Dixie Kong to save him. Help the two monkeys make their way through all the Kremlings and all the traps to find Donkey Kong."
- Donkey Kong Land III Instruction Booklet, Nintendo, 1997, p. 2 "INTRODUCTION: This, following the announcement of a contest to find the fabled Lost World that had dominated the legends of the area for centuries. Would-be explorers rushed in from all over the world to seize this long-awaited chance at fame and fortune."
- Nintendo Power Magazine Vol. 101, 1997, p. 87 - LOST WORLD: Even if you short circuit K. Rool's plan to find and loot the Lost World for his own gain, you still won't be able to just waltz into the place yourself."
- Nintendo Power Magazine Vol. 103, 1997, p. 84 - LOST WORLD: Luckily for you, our tips and full maps of each stage will give you a fighting chance to defeat the nefarious baron and save the treasures of the Lost World from his greedy, grimy clutches."