|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (1995)|
|Latest appearance||Donkey Kong 64 (1999)|
|Capital||K. Rool's Keep|
|Music theme(s)||Welcome to Crocodile Isle|
- This article is about the Kremling homeland. For Kremling Krew's watercraft, see K. Rool's Mobile Island Fortress.
- “Well done, Diddy, m'boy! Who'd have known you'd be able to rescue that lazy grandson of mine and dump K. Rool in his own filthy island?”
- —Cranky Kong, Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA)
Crocodile Isle (also known as Kremling Island and Krem Island) was a completely disposable island where was K. Rool's reign, Kremling Krew's capital base of operations and homeland of the Kremling species. The location made its first appearance in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.
The island was seemingly in close proximity to Kong Island to the southeast, where was the enemy territory from this neighboring island.
The island visibly was a highest rock peak with double cliffs with grass and a crocodile skull carved below. The geography consists of natural settings such as swamps, underground volcanos, brambles, pines and a very high glacier. Under Kremling Krew in power, a castle was established at the top with K. Rool's head carvings below, an amusement park in the middle and hives were build.
Completely opposite of the tropical and preserved Kong Island, Crocodile Isle's places become a real horror during the K. Rool's dictatorship. The cause was the pollution and waste that involved a lot of garbage, mining and toxic waste. As a result, all flora became dead caused by sterility.
This island contains a very large historic. Here has been the birthplace of the Kremling species since ancient times where society was a tribe at the time. The only place that all history was kept was the Lost World where it was kept secret for a long time.
Over the years, the island has become a pirate lair by Kremling Kuthroats where a town was established upon the second cliff, a quay and hidden caves stored all the valuables that were stolen. At the end of the pirate era, the waters of the island were filled with two shipwrecks.
After K. Rool's accession to power, the island undergoes several changes where a castle was established at the top to be the seat of government and a funfair in middle for the Kremling Krew to have fun.  The landscapes of island also had a completely horrible change because of pollution & waste, where all flora died and town was dilapidated leaving only Kackle's house.
Donkey Kong franchise
The only one who has more knowledge about Crocodile Isle is Cranky Kong for knowing the places, Lost World and all Kremlings before the games.
In Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest/Donkey Kong Land 2, Crocodile Isle was all explored by Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong in mission to rescue Donkey Kong which was kidnapped by the Kremling Krew. After Diddy and Dixie battle with K. Rool in second time, the entire island collapses after he falls into the power source. As a result, the island is swallowed by the sea where marks the Kremling Krew's biggest fall.
In Gloomy Galleon from Donkey Kong 64, Crocodile Isle became a cove where shows the Gangplank Galleon remains on sea bottom. During that time, what was left of the island became a Kremling galleon graveyard.
- Crocodile Cauldron
- Krem Quay
- Krem Cauldron (DKL2)
- Krazy Kremland
- Gloomy Gulch
- K. Rool's Keep
- Kremling's Lost World
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
- “As the home port of Kaptain K. Rool's cutthroat pirates. Crocodile Isle is teeming with all types of Kremlings. There's even more variety of terrain on this than there was in Donkey Kong Country. And K. Rool definitely has the home turf advantage here.”
- —Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest SNES instruction booklet, page 20
- “The home island of K. Rool holds creatures that bite and sting and crush and claw - rats on the shipwrecks, bees in the hives, porcupines in the woods, pufferfish in the sea.”
- —Nintendo Power vol. 76, page 26
- “King K. Rool now fancies himself a pirate, taking on the title of "Kaptain" and ordering his Kremlings to dress up as peg-legged buccaneers. In the best (worst?) pirate tradition, they've kidnaped Donkey Kong and are holding him for ransom in their lair on Crocodile Isle. Now it's Diddy and Dixie's turn to play hero, swinging, jumping and bopping their way across six massive worlds (each with multiple stages) in search of their hapless comrade!”
- —Nintendo Power vol. 79, page 15
- “K. Rool's island is host to all mannr of biting things, stinging things and crawling things!”
- —Nintendo Magazine System (UK) vol. 34, page 20
- “As the hideout of Kaptain K. Rool's cutthroat pirates, Crocodile isle is teeming with Kremlings of al kinds, and there's an even greater variety of terrain on this island than in Donkey Kong Country. Going sightseeing? Here's what to look for!”
- —Donkey Kong Country 2 GBA instruction booklet, page 26
| Welcome to Crocodile Isle - The main map from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest||File info|
| Boss Bossanova - Boss battle theme in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest which is an arrangement of Welcome to Crocodile Isle||File info|
| Crocodile Cacophony - K. Rool's battle theme in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest which is an arrangement of Welcome to Crocodile Isle||File info|
Names in other languages
- Crocodile Isle
|French||Île Croco||Croco Isle|
|Italian||Isola Krodilla||Crocodile Isle|
|Spanish||Isla Cocodrilo||Crocodile Isle|
- Kremling island
|French||Île Kremling||Kremling island|
|Italian||Isola dei Kremling||Kremling's island|
|Spanish||Isla Kremling||Kremling island|
- According to artworks, in the game Donkey Kong Land 2 and the the GBA version of Donkey Kong Country 2, the island's overworld map is reversed in position.
- This island never appeared in Donkey Kong Country television series, but Kremlings as K. Rool and Kaptain Skurvy mention only the swamp as their home.