|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (1996)|
|Latest appearance||Donkey Kong Land III (1997)|
|Base of operations||Kong Country|
- “All of my brothers are scattered over these islands... Pop in and say hello if you meet them on your travels!”
- —Bazaar, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Brothers Bear (also known as Bear Family) are a group of male friendly Bears with the same bloodline which live in separate houses scattered across the lands from Kong Country and different functions.
Prior to the events of the game series, some older brothers provided services until they retired, for example: Barnacle was a sailor, Bazooka is a military veteran who fought in the Kremean War and Baffle was an Funky Bear Investigators agent. Other brothers who are young started their professions, as: Bazaar is a shopkeeper, Brash is a athlete, Blunder is a librarian, Bramble is a botanist, K3 is a climber, Barter is a pawnbroker, Benny & Björn are chairlifts owners and Boomer is a demolisher. More other brothers as Blue and Bachelor has no professional occupations.
The quarrel between brothers was with Boomer, because several brothers exiled him to the underground for being considered dangerous due to his trajectory of destruction with bombs.
Donkey Kong franchise
This is unknown how they know the Kong Family, but they have a knowledge about their members.
In Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!, several brothers are visited by Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong where they asked for services to the pair. Some of them suffer from the activities of the Kremling Kreeps, others are received by Banana Birds to take refuge in their homes and many need someone to help in the fulfillment of their tasks. Their services were of great importance to Dixie and Kiddy's journey to save the Banana Birds and defeat K. Rool for the last time.
In Donkey Kong Land III, only a Brother Bear appears.
Donkey Kong Country 3: Diddy Kong's Double Trouble!
- “This time, in addition to being helped by the Kongs and your animal buddies, you can call on the services of the Brothers Bear, who live in cabins all around the world and sub-worlds. There are thirteen of these friendly characters, and each one of them offers you something totally different.”
- —Donkey Kong Country 3: Diddy Kong's Double Trouble! SNES instruction booklet, page 20
- “One of the features that sets Donkey Kong Country 3 apart from the previous games in the series is the exploration you need to do on the world map. In addition to going from place to place on the map, you'll need to go off the beaten track and interact with some of the inabitants of the Northern Kremisphere. The most prominent citizens are, of course, the Brothers Bear. You'll have to barter a wide variety of baubles with this band of bears to find everything in the game.”
- —Donkey Kong Country 3: Diddy Kong's Double Trouble! Player's Guide, page 120
- “Business is hardly bearish for the bear family on the islands around Kong Country. Shop their stores and listen to their tales. A few give you advice or information while others need help solving a problem. If you assist the bears they'll help you on your quest.”
- —Nintendo Power vol. 89, page 33
- Benny & Björn
| Brothers Bear - The Brothers Bear theme from Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!.||File info|
| Brothers Bear Blues - Sad version in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!.||File info|
| Brothers Bear - The Brothers Bear theme from Donkey Kong Land III.||File info|
Names in other languages
|French||Fréras Ours||Brothers Bear|
|Italian||Fratelli Orsi||Brothers Bear|
|Spanish||Hermanos Osos||Brothers Bear|